Ep. 57 - How to Tell Stories that Matter
October 27, 2021
What kinds of films do you want to make? Will your story matter to the world?
In this Podcast Episode:
- "What matters most is what lasts longest" - M. Russell Ballard
- Both the family and films we create live on after we die
- Funerals, a gathering of posterity, are a testament to this
- Why some stories and archetypes endure forever
- Will it pass the test of time?
- How craft/intellectualism can be overrated
- Imbuing meaning improves craft more than studying the craft itself
- You can't give in your storytelling what you don't have in your life.
- Attempting to explore topics that we can't do justice
- Films with important themes aren't inherently better
- Fluency vs. what you have to say
- How to add your voice to the Great Conversation
- Discovering your artistic ancestry
Learn about the Film and Family Program:
Make Your Feature Film (Free Step-by-Step Guide):